International Water Association (IWA)
The International Water Association (IWA) is a global reference point for water professionals, spanning the continuum between research and practice and covering all facets of the water cycle. IWA is comprised of leading water professionals in science, research, technology and practices. There are 10,000 individual and 400 corporate members, spread across 130 countries.
Please see www.iwahq.org
IWA International Conference on Biofilm Reactors
Since the first conference in 1989, the IWA sponsored International Conference on Biofilm Reactors has been running every three years and is considered the longest running and leading international conference on the topic. The conference is designed to bring together both practitioners in the water and wastewater industry and academic researchers to disseminate new knowledge and to link practical application with basic sciences. The Scientific Committee represents some of the world leaders in biofilms applied in water/wastewater systems from both industry and academia. The meeting will enable the exchange of ideas, insights and collaborations
The 2017 conference will continue the tradition of blending industrial case study presentations together with leading-edge academic research on the topic. This format allows for the beneficial exchange of ideas between practitioners and academic researchers. It will thus allow attendees to stay competitive and relevant in their professions, to discover the latest innovations, to explore business opportunities and most importantly to network and make valuable connections.
The programme will provide a good balance between established technologies together with emerging technologies (e.g. Aerobic granules, MABRs) and these emerging technologies will be the focus of specific workshops (led by world-leaders in their respective area) on the first day of the event
The BIOFILM 2017 Conference venue, UCD Sutherland School of Law is a modern, state-of-the-art building in the centre of the UCD campus with excellent facilities for conferences. University College Dublin (UCD), is a research university in Dublin, Ireland. With over 1,480 faculty and 32,000 students, it is Ireland’s largest university. The international standing of UCD has grown in recent years and it is currently ranked within the top 1% of institutions world-wide. UCD is also Ireland’s most globally engaged university with over 30,000 students drawn from over 120 countries, and includes 5,500 students based at locations outside of Ireland. The University’s main Dublin campus occupies an extensive parkland estate of more than 130 hectares and offers world-leading facilities.
Who will attend?
The conference will attract up to 300 international delegates for this global event and will feature an industry presence and trade exhibition. Submissions for oral and poster presentation will be accepted to supplement invited talks by world experts.
- Attendees will include:
- Technical specialists from water technology companies
- Academic researchers
- Consultants and Design Engineers
- Water and Wastewater Utility Managers
- Water industry suppliers
- Specialist consultants in water/wastewater
- Equipment manufacturers
- Innovators and representatives from start-up and emerging companies
The target audience of delegates and presenters will include individuals from the Water and Wastewater industry, academia and research institutes, environmental agencies, and the engineering design consulting sector.
The main subjects to be addressed include:
- Aerobic Granules
- Anaerobic Biofilms
- Bio-Electrochemical Systems
- Biofilm Fundamentals & Modelling
- Biofilm Control/Removal and Biofouling
- Gravity Driven Biofilms
- Membrane-Biofilm Reactors
- Nutrient Removal
- Preliminary Programme Planning
- Tuesday 9th May 2017 Pre-Conference Workshops & Welcome Reception
- Wednesday 10th May Full Sessions & Conference Dinner
- Thursday 11th May Full Day Sessions (Conference Closes)
- Friday 12th May Post Conference Technical Tour
- Maximise your exposure at a premier meeting in this critical area
- Deliver a clear message that you have a genuine commitment to this field of science and
- Benefit from face-to-face contact with your target market, enhancing your company’s
- profile to an international audience
- Reach your global target audience through your presence on meeting materials such as
- conference announcements, conference website, etc.
- Build market share and new customer relationships